About Dr Andrew Hadj
About Dr Andrew Hadj, Plastic surgeon Brisbane
Seeing the emotional relief following surgery in incredibly grateful patients is one of the most satisfying aspects of my career.
Some highlights of Dr Andrew Hadj’s career
My colleague and I successfully reattached a man’s hand after it was severed by a meat slicer.
I spent a year in London at Guys’ and Thomas’ Hospital as upper limb trauma microsurgery fellow.
You can count on getting a considerate and honest, professional opinion, even when this involves no surgery.
- Warm, conversational, genuine consultations that aim to be informative, personalised and specific to your needs
- I’ll always give you my honest opinion. If surgery isn’t appropriate, then I won’t offer a procedure or I’ll refer onwards as required
- I offer the highest standard of care, including open and transparent communication from your initial consultation to the recovery period
You can book a second consult (either via Telehealth or in person) to address any questions you may have as the information can be overwhelming.
You have access to a full time on site perioperative nurse that is involved in surgery and post-operative care. She has over 20 years experience to assist any patient needs.
Dr Andrew Hadj, BSc, MBBS, FRACS (Plast) is also a consultant surgeon at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Wooloongabba, Brisbane, and is a senior lecturer at the University of Queensland. He is involved in research and training of junior surgeons as well as academia.
- Laceration repair in children.
- Lymphatic patterns of colorectal liver metastases.
- Pseudoaneurysm of the hepatic artery.
- Outcomes of patients with histologically proven acute acalculous cholecystitis.
- Biliary stenting versus surgical bypass for palliation of periampullary malignancy.
- Don’t miss it: a rare case of multifocal necrotizing fasciitis.
- Safety and efficacy of extended-release bupivacaine local anaesthetic in open hernia repair: a randomized controlled trial.
- ‘Study of microvascular trauma outcomes in workplace injuries in South East Queensland.
- ‘Free thenar flap reconstruction in pulp resurfacing trauma surgery’.